water safety sessions
for children 8-12
Children love the water but don’t always see the dangers. We will be running several 1-hour sessions for children aged 8-12. Each 1-hour session covers the same, simple, water safety messages through fun and games: staying safe near water, when and where to get in, cold water shock, HELP position, self-rescue, calling for help. Children are welcome to come to more than one session. This is not a certified course or affiliated to any safety organisation, though we will teach techniques taught by other organisations like ASA, RLSS, and RNLI. These sessions are open to non-swimmers too – we believe being unable to swim should not be a barrier to learning basic water safety.
Please arrive 5-10 mins early so we can tick you off and start a session on time
Meet at Clevedon Marine Lake, near the model boat / kiddies paddling pool by the steps leading down from the Salthouse Fields carpark
WHAT TO BRING FOR A SESSION
- shoes or sandals to wear in the water and round the promenade to protect feet.
- wetsuit if owned
- swimming costume
- swimming aid if normally used
- suncream and hat if hot and sunny
- old pyjamas or shirt and leggings to wear in the water to feel what it’s like falling in fully clothed
AFTER A SESSION
- towel and warm, dry clothes to wear after
- warm drink and snack
Click to highlight your preferred DATE AND TIME then scroll to the bottom to select, view and pay.