This Policy was last modified on 1st January 2021
- Website: ClevedonOpenWater.uk and any sub-domain of the site, owned by SHORE GOOD EVENTS CIC
- SHORE GOOD EVENTS CIC: incorporated in England & Wales (reg.no. 12185503). Also trading as Clevedon Open Water Events.
- GDPR: General Data Protection Regulations (EU)
- Data Protection Laws: any applicable laws relating to the processing or personal data, including but not limited to GDPR, for as long as GDPR is applicable
- You: any third party accessing this website and not employed by SHORE GOOD EVENTS CIC
- Data: collectively all information you provide via this website and to enter our or partner events. Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual
- For the purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, SHORE GOOD EVENTS CIC is the Data Controller and determines the purpose for which, and manner in which, your data is processed.
What data do we collect
- Name, address, date of birth, gender
- Contact information such as email or telephone number
- Next of kin and their contact details
- Any existing medical conditions when you enter some events
- Photographs and video of the event and its participants may be taken by the organisers and used later for our publicity purposes
How we collect your data
- We collect data in the following ways:
- Data given to us by you such as event entry details and payment details
- Data is collected automatically
- By photographers we have arranged to record our events
Data given to us by you
- SHORE GOOD EVENTS CIC will collect your data in various ways:
- When you contact us through the website, by post, by email or other means such as booking events
- When you make payments to us through this website or otherwise
- When you use our services
- When you give us feedback
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent you use our website, we will collect your data automatically eg.
- We automatically collect data when you use our website to help us improve content and user navigation. This may include your IP address, date, times, and frequency you access our website and the way you use and interact with the content.
How we use your data
- Internal record keeping
- Payment processing
- Event safety purposes
- Event promotion
- We may use your data for the above purposes and for our legitimate interests. If you are dissatisfied, you have the right to object in certain circumstances, see Your Rights below
Who we share your data with
- We do not sell personal information on to any third parties.
- Some personal data (e.g. Name, Gender and Age Class) are likely to appear on start lists and results that are in the public domain.
How we keep your data secure
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data including the use of encryption technology but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online.
- You accept the inherent security implications of sending information over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent.
- All of your payment card details are held separately by our payment service provider Square and we have no access to this data
- If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access of your data, please contact us via our email address below
- You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- Right to access – right to request copies of the data we hold about you. Where we are legally permitted, we may refuse your request but will tell you the reason why.
- Right to correct – if the data we hold is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erase – that we delete your data from our systems
- Right to restrict our use of your data
- Right to data portability – request we copy, move, transfer your data
- Right to object – to how we use your data including where we use it for legitimate purposes
- To exercise your rights, please email us using the email address below
- If you are unhappy with how we deal with your request or complaint, you may contact The Information Commissioners Office (ICO), their website is https://ico.org.uk
- It is important for your safety at one of our events that your data is accurate so please let us know of any changes during the period we hold it.
Links to other website
- This agreement will be governed and interpreted according the laws of England and all disputes arising under the agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us at ClevedonOpenWater@gmail.com