out & about
We hope the local information below is useful.
If anything is incorrect or you’d like other information added, please contact us.
If you plan to swim at Clevedon, either in the sea or in the lake, we strongly suggest you check out our local swimming page.
Click the link below to see more information.
For most Clevedon Open Water events: CLEVEDON SAILING CLUB: The Alcoves, The Beach, Clevedon BS21 7QU (see header photo). If there is a different venue it will be specified in the event details
- Salthouse Fields – Salthouse Rd, Clevedon BS21 7TR
- Hawthorns – Elton Rd, Clevedon BS21 7EH
- Salthouse Pub – Salthouse Rd, Clevedon BS21 7TY. You can redeem parking fees when you buy food at the bar
- Roadside – many roads are free to park, but please park courteously in residential areas. Beach Road has restricted parking – 2 hours, no return.
There are disabled facilities at each of the below, accessible with a disabled key
- Marine Lake – Old Church Rd, Clevedon BS21 7RH. You will need 20p as they don’t accept Radar keys. The door into the toilet is narrow so anyone with a wide wheelchair might struggle
- Pier Copse – Alexandra Rd, Clevedon BS21 7QJ
- Station Road – Clevedon BS21 6LX
- Clevedon Sailing Club – a disabled chairlift is available to access the bar facilities and female changing area
- Clevedon Marine Lake – ramps are either end, providing wheelchairs access the lake. Steps with handrails provide access to the deep end. The shallow end ramp is extremely slippery with algae.
- Clevedon Beach – there is a ramp used by Clevedon Sailing Club down to the beach and water. It is in some need of repair but should allow wheelchair access to the water with care.
- Ladye Bay Beach – there is a steep narrow path and steep uneven steps leading down to the beach.
Clevedon Tide Times
Today & tomorrow
03 August 2021
04 August 2021
Distance between lake buoys
Below shows the distances between the buoys in metres we installed in the lake. Many thanks to Gary Checkfield and Alison Leatt for measuring, and Pete Stacey and Tim Clouter for helping with the installation.